2013 SAME Honolulu Student Scholarships – Call for Entries
Each year, SAME Honolulu offers scholarships to deserving high school seniors and college students who will be or are currently enrolled at a university with an accredited engineering or architecture program.
Last year, thanks to the generous donations of the Honolulu Post’s sustaining and general members, this year SAME Honolulu was able to award eight scholarships valued at $2,500 each. For more information on last year’s awardees, visit the 2012 Scholarship Winners page.
Award: A $2,500 scholarship with a one-year SAME “Student” membership. Up to six (6) scholarships may be awarded.
- A Hawaii high school senior planning to pursue a full-time undergraduate degree in engineering or architecture at a university with an accredited program or a current Hawaii undergraduate or graduate student enrolled at a university with an accredited engineering or architecture program
- U.S. citizen
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (the latest official transcript is required)
- Military affiliation or experience (i.e., SAME member or dependent, military dependent, Junior ROTC or ROTC) not required, but given preference
Requirements: Submit application information (complete the bottom of the official application form) with the latest “official transcripts” and when applicable, “acceptance letters” as described below as well as the following documents (items 3 to 5) typewritten and double-spaced.
- For high school seniors who will pursue undergraduate degrees in engineering or architecture – a copy of the university acceptance letter.
- For college seniors who will pursue graduate degrees in engineering or architecture – a copy of the graduate program acceptance letter.
- Resume of work experience, academic and extra-curricular activities (one page maximum).
- Essay on “What is the greatest engineering or architecture project in Hawaii accomplished during WWII and Why?” (one page maximum)
- One reference letter sent directly by a faculty (non-family) member describing the applicant’s desire to pursue a career in the eligible programs (one page maximum).
Scholarship Director, SAME Honolulu Post
2969 Mapunapuna Place, Suite 220
Honolulu, HI 96819
Deadline: Postmarked by April 15, 2013.
Click here to download the official application form.